October 26th, 2011
A warning-alert shows up, saying:
“Not possible to save database”
You can click away the warning and keep using the app, but every time you register a trip or change data the warning will reappear.
What to do?
The warning appears because you have entered data that was out of bounds. If you can, go back and change the data to its original value: the warning will disappear.
If you are unaware of what data caused the problem you can force-quit and restart the app:
- Click the home button to exit Fast Logger
- Double click the home button, you will see the recents list on the bottom of your screen
- Tap and hold the Fast Logger icon until the red dot appears
- Tap the red dot above the Fast Logger icon, the Fast Logger icon will now disappear
- Fast Logger now no longer runs in the background
- After you restart the app, its data will be back in the last state before the error occurred. The warning will disappear. Please keep in mind that all changes you have made after the warning will be lost.
- Fast Logger version 1.3 adds validation to prevent troublesome input.
If you find this solution doesn’t work, if you find any other bugs or problems, please let us know.